Hello After 10 Years!

Hi!

Around five years ago, a good friend of mine suggested me to write down a blog. He said that I was very good at describing things (thanks mate!). I said yes but I was simply too lazy to do it.

Fast forward to the present, I'm finally having some time and courage to realize the noble dream. Somehow, I recalled that some time before my friend's advice, I previously had written some sort of badly managed mental outbursts years ago. After trying a bit harder to remember the address, BOOM I found this place! 💥💥💥 Man, it's been TEN FUCKING YEARS have passed since my first post (and the second, which was also the last if you don't mind)!

It's funny to reread my old posts. Turns out I didn't really write stuff, it's more of me taking huge chunk of Wikipedia article to the blog, before putting my short comment and then asking random people's opinion on the subject 😅. I know that was a bit absurd, but the two subjects about which I borrowed Wiki's articles reflect my interests at the time and it's a bit sentimental for me to know that I still love those two subjects. It's also endearing to realize how lucky that, after ten years, now I can browse Wikipedia directly from my phone. I had to connect to laptop using some not-so-portable cables or go to some internet café before I can go online. Life is good.

Now that I have decided to write again, I think I need to introduce a bit about myself, so you guys later can judge me with some context 👹. I'm a male, Indonesian of Austronesian descent, in my early 30s, single, living in the city of Jakarta. I was raised in a large family with three siblings, spending my childhood in Medan. I took a major in economics, and currently working in banking industry. My interests are FOOD, biology, science, history, language, traveling, trekking, diving and music. Now you can see why I wrote about Bach (my first post) and Ankhesenpaaten (my second post) ten years back.

The reason why I continue this fossilized blog was basically to honor my old promise to my good old friend. But then I think I can use this blog to practice my English, especially in written form. You know when you're talking you especially in casual instances, sometimes you don't really need to pay attention to meticulous grammar or complex vocabulary. Face expressions and body gestures might come in handy to help you conveying your message. However when you write something down, you cannot really use that super casual speech directly. Sometimes even using a single word repeatedly may bring nuisance to particular readers. Not to mention that I seldom use English actively in my daily routines. In short I need this blog to keep my English away from extinction. 🐉

Although this post is more like an introductory one, I decided to keep my two previous posts solely for sentimental reason. I am planning to write about whatever comes to my head, be it a dish I've just eaten few days ago, or my current favorite dinosaur. Feel free to comment, especially on my English. And to my good old friend, if you read this, you know that I'm always indebted to you, mate!

Enjoy!


PS: If you're wondering about the name I used - [Seth of Vertus] - actually it's just a random name I devised from things I like ten years ago. [Seth] for the Egyptian deity, and [of Vertus] was just imitation of the way some medieval nobles referred themselves, i.e. using territorial designation along with the grammatical particle [of]/[de]/[von]. 👻

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foodie 20180610

Ankhesenamun